Travel media to forecast technology trends in tourism at Fiturtech
MADRID - Organized by Instituto Tecnológico Hotelero (ITH) and the Spanish International Tourism Trade Fair (FITUR), the International Travel Media Meeting-ITMM@Fiturtech2014 -to take place on Thursday January 23rd 2014 at FITUR, will gather international and Spanish journalists specialized in tech and travel industry to advance influence and changes technology may bring to tourism
Key international and Spanish travel and technology media, such as El Mundo-Ocho Leguas, El País-El Viajero, Eye4Travel, Hotel News Now, Tecnohotel, 02b.com, Skift and Tnooz will participate in the first International Travel Media Meeting-ITMM@Fiturtech2014, a special event included in FITUR professional program aimed at analyzing how technology is transforming travelers’ needs and demands and to anticipate changes travel industry will experience due to technology innovation.
ITMM@Fiturtech2014, organized by the Spanish Hoteliers’ Association (CEHAT) innovation center, Instituto Tecnológico Hotelero (ITH) and FITUR, is an unique opportunity to gather experts and journalists from different countries who would offer their views, opinions and insight about how travel industry will evolve in the next years and the role technology is playing in this evolution.
Jason Clampet, from Skift; Ángel Jiménez de Luis, from El Mundo-OchoLeguas; Mariah Assuncao, fromEyeforTravel; Andrés Fernández Rubio, from El País-El Viajero; Patrick Mayock, from Hotel News Now; David Placer from 02b.com; Kevin May, from Tnooz; Juan Daniel Núñez, from Tecnohotel; and Eduardo Arcos, from Hypertextual - ALT1040 have already confirmed their participation in this event.
All about technology for the Millennials
ITMM will start with a PhoCusWright Presentation, “Trends in Travel Industry 2014”, performed by Florence Kaci, European Market Specialist at this global market research company, which will be followed by four one-to-one debates between foreign and local journalists, who have chosen four trends that will be decisive for marketing, e-commerce, branding and distribution, considering the challenges new markets and niches, such as the Millennials, represent to travel companies in our time.
Thus, Jason Clampet, Editor-in-Chief at Skift will discuss with Ángel Jiménez de Luis, technology and travel writer from El Mundo-OchoLeguas, how technology allows to customize tourism products and services and offer a local and unique experiences in global destinations; and Mariah Assuncao, Global Conference Director at Eye4Travel and Andrés Fernández Rubio, Editor-in-Chief of El País-El Viajero, will go over the mobile booking pattern to understand what travel companies could do to improve customer experience, especially during the booking process. Moreover, Patrick Mayock, Editor-in-Chief at Hotel News Now, and David Placer, journalist at 02b.com will examine new trends in social media for travel, more specifically, in its potential for client service customer care purposes; and finally Kevin May, Editor-in-Chief at Tnooz and Juan Daniel Núñez, Editor-in-chief at Tecnohotel, will suggest how to make the most of technology to increase bookings, sales and revenue in an ultra-connected market.
ITMM will end with a keynote by Eduardo Arcos, CEO of Hypertextual and Founder and Editor at ALT1040, who will advance the future technology innovations and the astonishing gadgets to come and how they will impact the way people relate to the world. The conclusions and main ideas debated during this meeting will be summarized in #TechTrends@Fiturtech2014, a paper to be published at the end of FITUR 2014.
The International Travel Media Meeting-ITMM@Fiturtech2014 will take place on Thursday, January 23rd, 2014, from 16:00 to 19:00 hs., and it is included in Fiturtech, side event of FITUR professional program, devoted to trends in travel, technology and innovation. Fiturtech is a three-day annual conference attended by more than 5,000 visitors that explores the relationship between technology and tourism, and how hoteliers and travel companies are facing the challenges and the opportunities connectivity, online distribution, mobility, social media and innovation bring to travel industry. In 2014, Fiturtech will host its eighth edition, from January 22nd to January 24th, 2014, focused on the history of travel industry and the future ahead us.
For more information, please contact:
Instituto Tecnológico Hotelero
Ana María Márquez
Responsable de Comunicación
Telf. 91 417 12 46
- THY, en iyi havayolları sıralamasında geriye düştü
- Turizmci Cem Kınay “Akıllı Ol, İnsan Ol” adlı kitap yazdı
- TURDER’den kur fırsatçılığı’ yapan oteller için çağrı
- Bentour Reisen 2019 kapak mankenleri seçildi
- Troia afişi yarışma birincisi başkan kızı
- Galataport’a Peninsula Otel gelecek
- Rusya: Vizeleri kaldırmaya hazırız
- Paper Moon dünyanın en iyileri arasında
- Türk şirketlerine borç veren bankalar endişeli
- Türkiye'de 1.5 yılda 20 bin 607 işyeri kapandı
- THY, Sabiha Gökçen’e 865 milyon dolar teklif etti
- Yeni Havalimanı’na 19 merkezden otobüs kalkacak
- Hattuşa Termal’den Tekirdağ’a dev tesis yapılıyor
- Barutçu Hanı, Turizm Yönetim Merkezi oldu
- Mevsimlik işçilere konaklama tesisi
Technology may bring to tourism
Travel media to forecast technology trends in tourism at Fiturtech
- Hazine arazileri lavanta yetiştirilmek üzere kiraya veriliyor
- Türkiye'de Suriyeli sayısı 3 milyon 570 bin 352 kişi oldu
- Limak Cyprus Hotel ile KKTC'ye 'Zümrüt-ü Anka' kuşu kondu
- TÜROFED: Turizmde iç pazar hedefi 10 milyon turiste çıkmak
- Oman Air, Maskat’tan İstanbul’a seferlereine başladı.
- Yeni Havalimanı'na transfer ve Atatürk Havalimanı kapanışı kesinleşti
- Hedef, 150 milyar dolarlık Hint düğünü turizminden pay almak
- Batmanlı otelciler GATOB’u kurdu ve ”hayali başkan”a son verdi
- Emin Çakmak: 2019 Türkiye sağlık turizmi hedefimiz, Almanya
- 10:00 - THY, en iyi havayolları sıralamasında geriye düştü
- 09:00 - Turizmci Cem Kınay “Akıllı Ol, İnsan Ol” adlı kitap yazdı
- 12:00 - TURDER’den kur fırsatçılığı’ yapan oteller için çağrı
- 11:00 - Bentour Reisen 2019 kapak mankenleri seçildi
- 10:00 - Troia afişi yarışma birincisi başkan kızı
- 09:00 - Galataport’a Peninsula Otel gelecek
- 21:00 - Rusya: Vizeleri kaldırmaya hazırız
- 20:00 - Paper Moon dünyanın en iyileri arasında
- 19:00 - Türk şirketlerine borç veren bankalar endişeli
- 18:00 - Türkiye'de 1.5 yılda 20 bin 607 işyeri kapandı
- 17:00 - THY, Sabiha Gökçen’e 865 milyon dolar teklif etti
- 16:00 - Yeni Havalimanı’na 19 merkezden otobüs kalkacak
- 15:00 - Hattuşa Termal’den Tekirdağ’a dev tesis yapılıyor
- 14:30 - Barutçu Hanı, Turizm Yönetim Merkezi oldu
- 14:00 - Mevsimlik işçilere konaklama tesisi