ISTANBUL- 2013 yılından bu yana Hilton Kozyatağı’nda İş Geliştirme Direktörü olarak görev alan Türk turizminin genç ve başarılı yöneticilerinden Ahmet Arslan, DoubleTree By Hilton Moda İstanbul ailesinde Genel Müdür Yardımcısı olarak görevini sürdürecek.
Yükseköğrenimini Marmara Üniversitesi Ekonomi ve İdari Bilimler Fakültesinde tamamlayan Ahmet Arslan, mesleki hayatına Crown Plaza’da banket departmanında başlamıştır. Daha sonra Holiday Inn İstanbul, The Ritz Carlton Hotel, İstanbul, Intercontinental Frankfurt ve Wiesbaden Hotels Almanya, Swiss Otel Bosphorus İstanbul’da Satış ve Marketing departmanlarında Direktör Yardımcılığı görevlerini üstlenmiştir. W İstanbul – Starwood Hotels&Resorts otelin açılış sürecinde de Satış ve Gelirler departmanında çalışarak direkt olarak Genel Müdüre raporlama yaptıktan sonra Satış Direktörü yardımcısı olarak görevine devam etmiştir. Arslan, The Ritz Carlton Hotel, İstanbul’da ise Satış Direktörlüğü görevi ile lüks seyahat segmentinin tüm süreçlerini yönetmiştir.
AHMET ARSLAN KİMDİR?
Birth Date&Place: 02 Dec 1975-Istanbul
Marital Status: Married, one daughter & one son
Military Service: Completed (Dec 2000)
Driving License: B Class since 1995
1995 – 1999: Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences
B.A. in Economics
01 Aug 2013 – present: Hilton Istanbul Kozyatagi, Turkey
Director of Business Development
• Main responsibility is to develop a commercial strategy covering all segments and channels to maximize revenue and profit performance of the hotel.
• Leading all efforts to increase sales, revenue, reservations, and group and event marketing through the development of new business.
• Figure out where new customers both geographically and in terms of buying mindset and find a way to reach them.
• Developed the rate structure of any outlets and employee the sales team as well as setting their goals
10 Aug 2009 – 01 Agu 2013: The Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Istanbul, Turkey
Director of Sales
• Responsible for Special Corporate , MICE and Luxury Travel Trade segments.
• Responsible for achieving revenue goals, guest and employee satisfaction and the financial performance of each above department as well as Virtuoso, Amex and Stars.
• Leading effective efforts to coordinate strategies for group sales and to optimise conversion
• Leading on-property sales functions to build long-term, value-based customer relationships which enabled achievement of property sales objectives.
• Evaluating the property’s participation in the various sales channels ( e.g. Market Sales, Event Booking centers electronic lead channels, etc..)
Created Innovative marketing ideas and proactively developed deployment strategies to continue to grow market share
08 Oct 2007 - 08 Aug 2009: W Istanbul- Starwood Hotels& Resorts,Turkey
Assistant Director of Sales
• Proactively manage a pre-determined number of key accounts/key prospects and other active accounts to ensure maximum yield in line with budgetary objectives. Maintain valid call objectives and relevant action plans for each key account/key prospect and ensure all follow up is executed in a timely manner.
• Taking personal responsibility for understanding the Marketing plan and the required budgetary guidelines of the Hotels, To enable empowered decisions in all rate negotiations.
• To arrange and manage familiarization trips and educational in line with business needs.
Opening Period of W Istanbul between 08 Oct-31 Dec 2007 (reporting directly to General Manager)
In Charge of Sales Team and Revenue management (Worked in opening period):
• Built the ‘’Critical Path’’ plan of Sales& Marketing and followed up to meet the due dates.
• Developed the rate structure and set the team goals.
• Identified all room types, set up feature codes & character descriptions, set up pricing difference between room types
• Reviewed all internet distribution channels;contracted with the targeted ones; set the pricing and ensured Starwood Margins were applied.
01 Dec 2006 - 07 Oct 2007: Swissotel The Bosphorus Istanbul
Sales Manager _Conference & Meetings at Department of Sales & Marketing:
• Proactively respond to any Group/Banqueting requests, and organizing Congress by communicating to related departments for further follow up.
01 July 2006 - 01 Dec 2006: Crowne Plaza&Holiday Inn Istanbul, Turkey
Assistant Sales Manager at Department of Sales & Marketing
• Managing sales activities and events inline with the annual Sales & Marketing plan and achieving/exceeding budget and sales strategy for both hotels.
Oct 2002-30June 2006: Crowne Plaza& Holiday Inn Istanbul, Turkey
Manager_Corporate at Department of Sales &Marketing
• Selling to new,existing and prospective customers considering goals set forth in the sales
11 July 2004-26 July 2004: Intercontinental Frankfurt and Wiesbaden Hotels, Germany
Cross Trainging in Department of Sales& Marketing
July2001-Sep 2002 The Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Istanbul, Turkey
Front Desk Agent- in charge (during the opening period)
• Training all the Front Office Department and coordnationg the relationship between the other departments ( Reservation, Accounting, Credits)
Aug 1994 – June 2001: Crowne Plaza& Holiday Inn Istanbul Hotels, Turkey
• Front Office Dept ( as Front Office Clerk and Bell Boy) 1996-2001
• Food& Beverage ( Banquet, In Room Dinning, Fine Dinning Dept) 1994-1996
04 – 06 February 2014: Hilton Hotels and Resorts Learning & Development Sessions
• Fundamentals of Negotiation by Kristen Meletio
• Powerful Presenting Skills : Art of Storytelling by Kristen Meletio
24 – 26 September 2013: Hilton Hotels and Resorts Sales Symposium
• Global Online Services & Customer Marketing by Gurmej Bahia
• Working with Revenue Management
• Sales Deep Dive by Joseph Anzalone
• Situational Leadership by Gretchen Stroud
04 – 06 September 2013: Thought Patterns for High Performance by Jayson Knox _ The Pacific Institute
• How to turn yourself loose in a way you have never turned loose before
• Guide to personal growth and excellence the kind of of growth you have never believed possible
10 July 2013: Innovation and Creativity by Omur Yeker _ B-rain Team Training & Consultancy Co.
15 March 2012 : Radar On-Antenna Up by Ipek Ozbal _ The Ritz-Carlton, Istanbul
18 Aug 2010 : The Ritz-Carlton employee empowerment process by Ipek Ozbal _ The Ritz-Carlton, Istanbul
23 Feb 2010 : Interviewer Certification Training by Ipek Ozbal _ The Ritz-Carlton, Istanbul
10-13 November 2008: Six Sigma & Operational Innovation Certificate
• Assigning Accountabilirty, Handling Conflict, Making Decisions, Meeting Effectively, Learning/feedback and Collaborating with Other Groups.
28 June 2008: The First Open Hot Project
• ‘’2008 CEO Extra Step Award’’ developing the first Open Hot Project during the opening period of W Istanbul by President and Chief Executive Officer in Starwood Hotels& Resort
03-14 March 2008: The Language and Lifestyle of W Service for Trainers
The WOO of W; W-OOPS and WELCOME
03-08 Dec 2007 The First Open Hot Project_in Brussels
• Inputting the W Istanbul’s features & making ready the system to be sold online through starwoodhotels.com
05-09 Mar 2005: in Budapest Strategic Selling2_by Claviga Limited
• Developing account plans which will assist in maximizing client share
• Developing more pro-active approach to selling
10 Feb 2005 : Time Management by Meltem Menderes
May 2004- for 2 days InterContinental Hotels & Groups
Strategic Selling I_by Meltem Karamenderes
Sales Platform, finding the right prospect, handling objections
• To provide all the sales team with the skills that they require, in order
to effectively manage existing key clients and to attract new key clients.
Dec 2002- for one week
Mar 2003-for one week MHA International Sales and Management Consultants
Optima Sales System_by Michael Higgins
‘’Winning Business Now’’_ a Strategic Sales and Assessment Program
• Improving effectiveness at reaching business development objectives
• Saving time, in the long run, as the employee accomplish more with less effort
• Sales Platform-Funnel Technique- Account Development Planning
SKILLS and INTEREST
Languages: Fluent in both written and spoken English
IT: Ms-Office Programs(Word, Exel, PowerPoint,Outlook Express),Opera- both Sales& Catering and Configuration, Fidelio- both Front Office and Sales & Catering
Hobbies: Strong interest in Business World & Market Shares, Traveling & Dining , Theatre & Cinema, Music, Health/Ftiness, Swimming, Football
REFERENCES Available upon request.